Just about everyone is on Facebook now-a-days, from your 13 year old cousin to your 75 year old grandmother. So creating an invite to your virtual baby shower using Facebook is a great way to make sure the word gets out. Here are the steps to setting up a Facebook event for your online baby shower.
Steps to Set Up Your Facebook Event
- Log in to your Facebook Account
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/events/list
- Click the Create Event button.
- Enter the name of your event, description, date, time, location, and any other applicable information.
- Choose whether to make the event public, friends only, or private.
- Save your event.
Once your event is saved, you can add an image by hovering over the image placeholder at the top left and click the Change Event Photo link. You can use images from your maternity shoot or just cute images that imply baby shower.
Now, take a run through of your event information. If everything looks good, click the Invite Friends button at the top right of your event page and start inviting your friends! It’s as easy as that.
Additional Facebook Events Tips for Online Baby Showers
The following are some additional tips to keep your Facebook Event going strong!
- Only invite people you know. If you see someone in your friend’s list that you haven’t talked to lately (or ever) it might be odd to invite them. Then again, it might be a good way to open the door to conversation again.
- Be sure to interact with anyone who comments on your event along the way.
- Click the like button and comment when someone joins your event!
- Keep the event alive by posting regularly. Some post ideas include new maternity photos and fun baby-related trivia questions.
- Include your registry information in the description, but don’t make it a requirement to purchase you a gift to join the event.